Announcements + Project Updates
May 10, 2021:
The York County Planning and Development Services Department will be hosting a public Zoom Webinar on May 25th at 6:00 pm where the Recode York County consulting team will be presenting Module One of the draft code, answering questions and taking comments on the draft.
The Module One draft documents can be downloaded from the Document Center page of the website.
Details on how to join the meeting can be accessed by clicking here.
The full press release from York County on the meeting and public release of Module One can be downloaded from the link below:
What is Recode York County?
Recode York County is an initiative to review, update, and realign York County's Zoning and Subdivision Codes to better reflect the current and future development context in the county. The revised land use and development ordinances will be updated to implement the policies and goals of 2035 York Forward, the County's adopted Comprehensive Plan, as well as associated small area plans.
Other goals of the process include:
- Modernizing the Codes to incorporate current best practices
- Making the Codes more user-friendly, with additional graphics and a more intuitive organizational structure
- Improving consistency between the Codes and related County ordinances, standards and regulations
- Enhance the predictability of development outcomes
- Permit flexibility, where appropriate
- Eliminate barriers to development that is consistent with adopted plans
The process is being led by the York County Planning & Development Services Department, with oversight by the York County Council and the York County Planning Commission. The public, and all interested stakeholders, will have opportunities throughout the process, which is scheduled to conclude by December 2021, to provide input into the code rewrite and review and comment on draft regulations. Project updates, work products and notices for public meetings will be posted on this website, as well as the Recode York County Facebook page.